Receiving Gifts From The Dead

Did you know when we dream of the dead they are often know to bring us gifts from beyond the grave.

Thousands of people a month search google to find out the meaning behind these dreams. The most common place to communicate and interact with our dead loved ones is often experienced in the dream realm. During this the time our minds are most relaxed and more susceptible for contact, usually during rapid eye movement.

It seems you might have entered the ‘middle way‘ between heaven and earth, the place where you both parties seem to connect then separate. In this area you get a quick glimpse of your dead relatives or friends one last time.

Receiving Gifts In My Dream

Receiving any type of gift from beyond the grave can be considered a rare yet positive omen. The gift or item handed to you would be solely unique to the dreamer –  sometimes you might not even see what’s inside.

These gifts have symbolic meaning to both parties, sometimes it may appear as a metaphor that contains a hidden message in it. The dead are frequently known to bring you these types of items.

They are expressing their thoughts or emotions though these items for you to decode. Pay close attention to the small details such as locations, people around you and the context of your dream as they help piece the puzzle together.

Remember after this meeting you might not be as lucky to meet again it’s vital to gather as much detail about your dream as possible. Keep in mind that any negative contact dreams usually reflects our own personal feelings, fears, and worries are often repressed stored in our unconscious mind.

Why Are They Coming To Me?

Consider yourself lucky as the gift you received from the dead suggests you are ‘gifted’  in a metaphorical sense. You have been selected over the others to spread this message or to obtain hidden knowledge, but what exactly they are trying to tell you? Perhaps this is a sign to explore your abilities

Unlike your average dream when the dead appears the theme seems to be very vivid and detailed. You might even wake up in the morning feeling like you ran a marathon. Contact seems to pull more of your psychic energy out of your body.

It could be quite possible the dead tried to make contact with the others but they never remembered their dream. Unfortunately we lose approximately 90 percent of our dream recall the very first minute we wake up.

The dead may also show up in our dreams when we have unresolved issues from the past, questions about the afterlife, or repressed memories. Did you know that death and dying in dreams is ranked in the top ten most symbolic dreams we can experience.

Gifts From Dead Symbolism

Articles: Why The Dead Are Communicating With You?

Receiving Gold or Money From The Dead

A common gift that appears metaphorically relating to the richness of your gift/soul. They are letting you know what might be stored behind the curtain. A symbol of illumination, love, compassion, courage, passion, magic, and wisdom.

Receiving Food From The Dead

To receive food from the dead in your dream is a positive omen that manifests a message of nourishment and love. They are offering you something they made specifically for you in hopes you hold on to it  forever. Food in dreams often translates to energy you need that will fulfill you spiritually and emotionally.

Receiving Presents From The Dead

Receiving presents from the dead in your dream represents being metaphorically “gifted” something that others cannot see or feel. The devil is in the details, so depending on the gift received or if you opened it or not will alter the message of what they are trying to tell you. The dead often speak in a language that is coded symbolically; for example, receiving a cell phone might be sign for you to communicate with them. Often times this is a symbol of being gifted, possibly a sign to explore these capabilities.

Receiving Clothes From The Dead

If you receive clothes from the dead in your dream it suggests they are providing you with protection, love and warmth in your life. Clothes are symbolic in dreams as it attaches to the dreamer self worth or identity. Depending the article of clothing, colors, and the emotions expressed become symbolic clues that will help decode the message.

Receiving A Baby From The Dead

As unusual as it sounds receiving a newborn baby from the dead in your dream represents new growth, happiness and love in your life. They are sending you a message coded in with this new bundle of joy – an expression of a new phase and development in your life.

Dreaming Of The Dead Giving You Water

Water is one of earth’s four elements that represents  birth, fertility, feminine, life, emotional states and refreshment in our dreams. The dead in our dreams are known to provide us with water in hopes we are nourished by this important meeting in the middle world.

Mayra Garcia
Mayra Garcia
5 months ago

I had a dream of my brother last night that died about almost 9 months ago I had a dream that he came home with like a lot of presents and he gave me a present and it was like a plastic container with a lot of coins quarters and tens and it was like he gave that to almost all of us it was really crazy. I miss him dearly I have felt like I’ve seen him I have dreamed that he’s in his coffin and I tell him to get up and let’s go and he wakes up… Read more »

Last edited 5 months ago by Mayra Garcia
Mayra Garcia
Mayra Garcia
5 months ago

A day before his death I heard him call me by my name it was about 1 in the morning I thought it was really odd. I had a horrible bad feeling I went outside and he wasn’t there ..The next day I saw him in person he had came and stayed in my house the whole day i left as soon as he came. Later that day i came back and saw him one last time and literally 10 minutes after he left he got killed. I dream about him alot. I really feel like there is something he… Read more »

Mayra Garcia
Mayra Garcia
5 months ago

Well it’s not the first time I feel this. When I was a teenager i dreamed my grandfather was gonna pass and he did. I dreamed my grandma was gonna die and she did..My older brother died 10 years ago and I knew it was coming. But this one with my brother that just passed i didn’t even think of it.. i feel guilty cause he was so young and i let him down

Lynnette
Lynnette
5 months ago

I had a dream about my deceased mother. It was my birthday and she sent me a cake that was decorated like a chess board without the pieces. She also gifted me a box of crystals, a large one, about the size of my fist, and 4 small ones. The large crystal looked like aventurine, and the rest looked like quartz, and maybe some amethyst. My parents both passed in 1995, and I haven’t had any dreams about them since then.

Susan Arlet
Susan Arlet
5 months ago

I had a dream my deceased ex-husband came to our apartment and gave me a decorative plate with a picture of a black horse rising up on it, and a very small beige cat statue. He put it all on the table and then went to the closet and put on an old leather black coat of mine. He then left.

Mona
Mona
6 months ago

Hi, I lost my favorite uncle back in 2019 a month and a half after starting my very first job after years of trying to get hired anywhere. We were very close and he was always encouraging me to get a jumpstart on my life, for reasons I will not discuss here. My dream occurred this morning, where I was at my grandmother’s apartment (where he resided and died) along with the rest of the members of the household (aunt, grandmother, cousin, other uncle). He was heading out the door like he usually did, but before he left, he turned… Read more »

Cynthia Sypniewski
6 months ago

I had a dream last night that my little brother died and i was crying i don’t know why I dreamt this it’s really really freaking me out. And today I tried to call him he’s probably sleeping at home

Last edited 6 months ago by Cynthia Sypniewski
Hayley Henrikson
Hayley Henrikson
6 months ago

I had a dream last night of my Grandfather who just passed away in April, he approached me and said something (I don’t remember what he said unfortunately) but then he took my hand, placed a gold ring in the palm of my hand, squeezed it shut and I began to cry. I looked at the ring in my hand put it on my middle finger on my right hand and continued to cry.

Then I woke myself up.. it was the middle of the night and I was actually crying in real life.

Ed
Ed
6 months ago

Hi, Trying to figure out the meaning of a dream I had the other night of my friend who passed in 2017. He came to me and gave me a gift of 2 tickets to the NY Jets game who are playing the New England Patriots … not sure why it is in NY because we are both from New England.. When I woke up I looked up the date when they play and it is September 19th 2021.

What might be your thoughts to this dream?…seemed so real.

Dr Shivani
6 months ago

I saw my decreased grandmother feeding my nephew and everyday someone who is decresed in my family come in my dreams alot
can u tell me what it signifies?

Tejas Kaushik
Tejas Kaushik
6 months ago

I lost my uncle, who was like a father to me and probably my soulmate, on 8th may 2021. This morning, 13th may 2021, I dreamt of him. He was congratulating me for my grades, which I received on Monday and are way below my standards, and he gave me 1000rs. He also told me what he wants me to achieve professionally. Coincidentally, my career plans exactly match his expectations from me and I have never talked about my career plans with ANYONE!

Tejas Kaushik
Tejas Kaushik
5 months ago

Hi. Thank you for your insights.

I dreamt of him again last night. Lately, I have dreamt of him a lot but I usually don’t remember the dream.
Last night, he was wishing me good luck. Again, he disappeared before I could say anything.

Also, in a separate dream, I dreamt of my grandmother dying but she died almost 10 years ago.

What could all this mean?

Tejas Kaushik
Tejas Kaushik
5 months ago

The dream related to my uncle – I am walking down some random street and I see my uncle walking towards me. Before I say anything, he wishes me good morning and good luck in his usual tone. Then he rushes into some house before I could talk to him. The dream related to my grandmother – I was standing in front of my neighbor’s house and a couple of my family members rush from inside and tell me that my grandmother has died and then all of a sudden we are preparing for her final rituals. Her death took… Read more »

Lisa
Lisa
6 months ago

My mother has appeared in my dreams two times since her passing in Dec 2020. Both so real, but at the same time in my dreams I’m puzzled knowing mom’s passed. First dream was in March-day after my birthday. In my dream I was visiting the nursing home she resided and to my surprise I see my mother. We embraced, talked, laughed and I spoiled her with love as I always did. My own special bday visit!!!! Last night (5/11/21), she appeared to me via a phone call. Complaining my dad was upset about something. I never saw my dad… Read more »

Last edited 6 months ago by Lisa
apsara
apsara
6 months ago

two days before, my one of the uncle dead.he gifted me a shoe and ask me to come terrace and he said “we re enjoying there”

Dania
Dania
6 months ago

Hi, Today I had a dream about my Dad who passed away last 2017. It seems real, I heard a noise outside of my house. I thought a cat was trying to do something in my trash. So, what I did, I didn’t open my door but instead I hit my door to scare the cat. When I turned around I saw my Dad sitting on our floor and my furniture/appliances are gone. I got scared bec. I knew that he is no longer with us then he suddenly sitdown and ask me if I want a coke. I told… Read more »

Dania
Dania
6 months ago

Thank you for your response. I don’t usually drink soda but when I do I want it to be cold really cold. When he offered me the soda I got a little bit scared because I knew that he is no longer with us. I saw him sitting on the floor but when he offered me the soda there’s a chair and he sat on it. Its like a bar type chair bec. I saw a bar counter when I was looking at him while searching for his medicine. Before I sleep I prayed and he is included I told… Read more »

Dania
Dania
6 months ago

Thank you for your response.

Glad that there is someone who is willing to listen to other people.

Thanks again.

Shana
Shana
6 months ago

I had a dream the other day of my brother who passed away giving me a hundred dollar bill.

Coral
Coral
6 months ago

Last night I had a dream that my dad who died nearly 3 years ago. He drove me to school in the last car he had, he counted out some money and put in the boot when we got to the school, he didn’t speak at all but signaled for me to take the money. There was also a girl I didn’t know outside the car and a few babies/toddles with her. Even tho he never spoke to me or even looked at me, I felt his presence. What does this mean?

Adebisi
Adebisi
6 months ago

Hello, my half-brother passed away about 14 days ago. I dreamt of him today – the content of my dream thusly, I saw him in our father’s living room on house wear trying to eat his brother’s food my stepmother entered and tried to chased him with a stick wrapped red cloth the deceased seems unhappy and looked at my direction. I told him he is not supposed to be here, he stood up and stretched forth a black cloth as a gift to me. I am yet to receive it before woke up.

Pooja Singh
Pooja Singh
6 months ago

I received a doll from my grandfather in my dream. I accepted it .What does it mean?

Sandy
Sandy
7 months ago

Last night I dreamt that my father who died some years ago came to see me. He told me he had paid my mortgage and some other bills then handed me a huge roll of money. I remember his smile and how overjoyed he was to be helping me. I felt so happy when I woke like this was a very special dream

Racel ilkiewicz
Racel ilkiewicz
7 months ago

I had a dream about my ex boyfriend who passed away 13 years ago. He was wearing a white see tru silk clothes. He planned a surprise for me. There were dancing people around us. He gave me a very cute puppy and a small pouch with a solid heart shaped bracelet inside. He told me that he has one too. It’s like a couple bracelet. My family was there too. I felt so happy and cried! I hugg him a lot. I just keep on hugging and thanking him. I just noticed that we both are very sweaty but… Read more »

Misty
Misty
7 months ago

Hi there! My grandmother passed away a little over a year ago. Last night, was the first night I actually remember a little of my dream. It was her and she handed me a small wooden box with a cross in the middle. I didn’t open the box I just remember holding it in my hands. I am so confused and trying so hard to remember the dream because I can barely remember her face. I think she was smiling at me. What does this mean? I know she didn’t want to pass.

Last edited 7 months ago by Misty
Gia
Gia
7 months ago

My very good friend passed away very suddenly almost one year ago. I’ve been hoping to get a sign but it’s been so quiet… the other night I dreamed I met him in heaven and he was showing me around. I told him how much I love and miss him and we have each other big hugs. He then showed me to an area of heaven which was very sunny and tropical. I found a beach with shallow clear blue waters and swam with glowing plankton. My friend that passed was dealing with some terrible issues and quarantine made things… Read more »