Did you know that dreaming of flowers can be both considered a positive and negative omen in our dreams.
On one end these beautiful images bring our attention to growth, flourishing, beauty and fertility; but also relating to things that are short lived. The tricky part about flowers is trying to find out if these are symbols letting you know if your going to flourish in some way in your life or relates to endings of something that was once beautiful.
Why Flowers Are Often Gifted To Us From The Dead
Since flowers are a way of expressing love, sexual desires, and emotions we must collect as many details about the dream as it will alter the meaning. Furthermore, the specific type of colors will metaphorically appear providing you with a message – inner energy or chakras, unconscious emotions, beauty and love.
Many people might wonder how flowers might possibly link them to their inner energy or even contain a sexual connotation behind it. In order to understand your dream you will need to become familiar with the language it speaks to you in.
Often times the symbols or images that appears in your dreams can interpreted metaphorically, culturally, or even a play on words. The symbol of the flower can range from something that is in full bloom in your life, rose petals linking to a wedding, or perhaps a symbol of past pain and new beginnings.
Once you have identified the type of flower you would want to examine how it grows, types of insects or birds that are attracted to it, if it grows under water or in the soil. It would be trivial to say flowers are mean the same to each dreamer, in fact overlooked insignificant details such as colors or types of flower helps connect the dots to the meaning of the dream.
Receiving Flowers In Dreams
Receiving flowers in your dream is considered a very positive omen often connected to emotions. Is the person known or unknown to you. It could be a direct feeling of love, joy, affection, appreciation, sympathy, romance or apologies; these images are often connected communicating deepest feelings.
Flowers are one of the few hand picked symbols that our dead loved ones choose to give us. The symbol often associated with death and rebirth, short lived but blossomed when alive. If you received flowers from beyond the grave is a powerful omen as a message is contained inside (receiving gifts from the dead).
Flowers Dreams: Growth, Sexuality & Fertility
Photosynthesis is a chemical reaction that takes place inside a plant, as the sun rays into energy to survive. The sun in dreams is mirrors life, influence, Self and masculine energy. Could it suggest your deep rooted nature on earth (feminine) balanced by the sun (masculine) thus represents your grounded nature.
If April showers bring May flowers could this suggest flourishing after an emotional upset? Since plants bloom after a cold period it suggest that good things are to come in the future. In the ancient language of flowers, the rose is not only linked to passion but fertility.
Flowers can appear in dreams for women who are losing their virginity; expression used as being deflowered.
Colors Of Flowers In Dreams
Could your dream be pointing at your Chakras which are the circular vortexes of energy at seven different points on the spinal column. Each seven points have a variation of colors, a symbol of an open energy source within.
- White Flowers Dream: The color white in dream is often connected with light, goodness, innocence, purity, and virginity. A symbol linked to perfection, a positive omen related to cleanliness. Often times a white lily appears to the dreamer.
- Yellow Flowers Dream: A color connected to the third Chakra, the solar plexus located right behind the naval region below the rib cage. A symbol representing personal power and fulfillment, abundance, courage and self-confidence, wisdom and intellect. Often times you will dream of sunflowers that connects you to nourishment from the self or masculine energy. Dreaming of marigold flowers is also called the “herb of the sun”, representing passion and even creativity.
- Purple Flowers Dream: This powerful color connects you to the spirit world, Crown chakra Violet relates to self-knowledge/spiritual awareness. It is the union with your higher self, with spirituality, and your higher consciousness.
- Red or Rose Flowers: Long a symbol of love and passion, connected to the goddess of love Venus. Red roses also link the dreamer to passion, true love, romance and desire. A symbol of grounding or the root chakra at the base of the spine. Dreaming of the Hibiscus flower implies extravagance and extraordinary features. This flower symbolizes the love and affection between family members, friends, and others.
- Pink Flowers Dream: The color pink is the color of universal love of oneself and of others. In dreams pink often connects the dreamer to friendship, affection, harmony, inner peace, and friendliness.
What Flower Dreams Mean
Dreaming of flowers blooming are positive symbols suggesting new growth in your life is taking place. It can be associated with your inner energies depending the rose, or relates to events to come in the future.
White Flower Garland connects the dreamer to a union or marriage in their lives. A celebration of two forces joining together to make something whole. See wedding dreams.
If you noticed a Lotus flower in your dreams is considered a powerful symbol regarded in many different cultures as a sign of purity, enlightenment, self-regeneration, transformation and rebirth.
Tulips tend to appear in our dream that brings the dreamer to love and passion. However depending the color, location and who may have givin it to you will alter the meaning of the dream.
If you dream of picking flowers suggest you will benefit from something, admire its beauty but might be short lived. What flowers did you pick and what did you do with it?
Dreaming of flowers blooming can be interpreted as a positive omen suggesting future growth and prosperity.