Receiving Gifts From The Dead

Did you know when we dream of the dead they are often know to bring us gifts from beyond the grave.

Thousands of people a month search google to find out the meaning behind these dreams. The most common place to communicate and interact with our dead loved ones is often experienced in the dream realm. During this the time our minds are most relaxed and more susceptible for contact, usually during rapid eye movement.

It seems you might have entered the ‘middle way‘ between heaven and earth, the place where you both parties seem to connect then separate. In this area you get a quick glimpse of your dead relatives or friends one last time.

Receiving Gifts In My Dream

Receiving any type of gift from beyond the grave can be considered a rare yet positive omen. The gift or item handed to you would be solely unique to the dreamer –  sometimes you might not even see what’s inside.

These gifts have symbolic meaning to both parties, sometimes it may appear as a metaphor that contains a hidden message in it. The dead are frequently known to bring you these types of items.

They are expressing their thoughts or emotions though these items for you to decode. Pay close attention to the small details such as locations, people around you and the context of your dream as they help piece the puzzle together.

Remember after this meeting you might not be as lucky to meet again it’s vital to gather as much detail about your dream as possible. Keep in mind that any negative contact dreams usually reflects our own personal feelings, fears, and worries are often repressed stored in our unconscious mind.

Why Are They Coming To Me?

Consider yourself lucky as the gift you received from the dead suggests you are ‘gifted’  in a metaphorical sense. You have been selected over the others to spread this message or to obtain hidden knowledge, but what exactly they are trying to tell you? Perhaps this is a sign to explore your abilities

Unlike your average dream when the dead appears the theme seems to be very vivid and detailed. You might even wake up in the morning feeling like you ran a marathon. Contact seems to pull more of your psychic energy out of your body.

It could be quite possible the dead tried to make contact with the others but they never remembered their dream. Unfortunately we lose approximately 90 percent of our dream recall the very first minute we wake up.

The dead may also show up in our dreams when we have unresolved issues from the past, questions about the afterlife, or repressed memories. Did you know that death and dying in dreams is ranked in the top ten most symbolic dreams we can experience.

Gifts From Dead Symbolism

Articles: Why The Dead Are Communicating With You?

Receiving Gold or Money From The Dead

A common gift that appears metaphorically relating to the richness of your gift/soul. They are letting you know what might be stored behind the curtain. A symbol of illumination, love, compassion, courage, passion, magic, and wisdom.

Receiving Food From The Dead

To receive food from the dead in your dream is a positive omen that manifests a message of nourishment and love. They are offering you something they made specifically for you in hopes you hold on to it  forever. Food in dreams often translates to energy you need that will fulfill you spiritually and emotionally.

Receiving Presents From The Dead

Receiving presents from the dead in your dream represents being metaphorically “gifted” something that others cannot see or feel. The devil is in the details, so depending on the gift received or if you opened it or not will alter the message of what they are trying to tell you. The dead often speak in a language that is coded symbolically; for example, receiving a cell phone might be sign for you to communicate with them. Often times this is a symbol of being gifted, possibly a sign to explore these capabilities.

Receiving Clothes From The Dead

If you receive clothes from the dead in your dream it suggests they are providing you with protection, love and warmth in your life. Clothes are symbolic in dreams as it attaches to the dreamer self worth or identity. Depending the article of clothing, colors, and the emotions expressed become symbolic clues that will help decode the message.

Receiving A Baby From The Dead

As unusual as it sounds receiving a newborn baby from the dead in your dream represents new growth, happiness and love in your life. They are sending you a message coded in with this new bundle of joy – an expression of a new phase and development in your life.

Dreaming Of The Dead Giving You Water

Water is one of earth’s four elements that represents  birth, fertility, feminine, life, emotional states and refreshment in our dreams. The dead in our dreams are known to provide us with water in hopes we are nourished by this important meeting in the middle world.

confused
confused
1 year ago

I dreamt of my very loving Uncle who was just like my father. He passed away two years ago. He comes in my dream where I am a leading organizer in my childhood school. He looks a bit sad but very pleasant. his eyes are a bit red though. He gifts me this beautiful traditional expensive male dress. Though I am a female. I accept it right away. And he is amazed and thankful to me for accepting. As if it was a burden on him that I have lifted. I am a bit confused but happy about the gift… Read more »

Afsane
Afsane
1 year ago

Hi, I had a dream about receiving a book from my dead colleague, while he was smiling and told me this is a gift for you.

Afsane
Afsane
1 year ago

I did not know what kind of book was. At that time I guessed a general knowledge about world.

Liza
Liza
1 year ago

I had a dream that my (passed) Uncle gave me a large book with a white cover, the pages were like pages from a bible.. and it was a book about my life. There were also dead snakes in various forms and pieces on the ground. What could this mean?

Sharon
Sharon
1 year ago

I had a dream years ago about my Grandmother, who passed 8 years ago and she was giving me shoes, telling me to take them, I will need them.. Needless to say I didn’t take them… She was the BEST Grandmother to me. Did I screw up, by not taking the shoes?

Sharon
Sharon
1 year ago

They were her old shoes. Black shoes. She insisted I take them, I will need them. At the time I remember, my husband and I were having trouble.. I took the meaning she was trying to tell me something, perhaps I should leave him. And run!!! We are still together, just always think of that dream and try and understand what she was telling me. She was the kind of Grandmother that gave me great advise. We were like bestfriends.

Sharon
Sharon

Lerato
Lerato
1 year ago

I dreamed that I went to passed on to seek accommodation and advise. We ended up sleeping on the same bed him thinking we are going to be intimate but I refused and he accepted. We ended telling chatting about my troubles I was having in my relationship and also at home. He took money and gave to me to assist me and took me home.

Last edited 1 year ago by Lerato
Carolina ortiz
Carolina ortiz
1 year ago

My dad dreamed of my grandpa( his father) who passed about 4 years ago his anniversary is the 10th of this month. My grandfather was in his coffin when he suddenly rose and pointed at my father telling him “shhhh” and gave him a package. My father received it but didn’t open it because then my grandpa got on a train while wearing a really pretty sky blue shirt as he described and told my father goodbye. My dad said he woke up crying but now is wondering what his dream meant. So if anyone can help us out it… Read more »

Lydia Dowling
Lydia Dowling
1 year ago

Last night I dreamed my dead brother came to my house looking for mail
And my sister informed him he had a few letters
He then went to open his mail and it was a check for 29,000.00 he showed me and told me he was giving me half .

Katie
Katie
1 year ago

I had a vivid dream last night about my grandmother (father’s mother)who passed 8 years ago. She was my most cherished family member And the only one I ever felt truly loved by. I was in a bedroom distraught and in an argument with my mother who I have always had a strained relationship with. My grandmother appeared behind my mother, who could not see her… I was more shocked than ever in my waking life, and she silently walked around my mother into the room and gave me a small wooden elephant figurine painted pretty pastel lilac with worn… Read more »

Willyam
Willyam
1 year ago

I had a dream of a very close deceased friend that was giving me money but I did not know what it was for. Though I asked, it was just given to me and no strings attached. It was first time that he had ever given me anything.

Disha Bhatt
Disha Bhatt
1 year ago

I met my dead dad in dream and he was having lots of boxes of sweets for all of us as he always gave us .but he was only giving me to give them all and they were all at another room , but i cannot see clearly the face of my dad . What does this mean ?

Disha Bhatt
Disha Bhatt
1 year ago

Thanks for replying , My Dad always has these type of gifts when alive …so i think he again wants us to make happy by these boxes of sweet as he can do that in real ….so he met in dream to make us happy .

1 year ago

Please answer my question my deceased grandfather came in my dream and offered me purple orange lilies and promised me to visit again. He was in somewhere beautiful, a place full of flowers and golden light.

1 year ago

Thanks for replying can u tell he gave me orange and purple colored beautiful fresh flower what dies it mean after i said flowers are beautiful in dream? I meant why did he gave lilies to me what would that signify.

1 year ago

Is restored innocence is eternal life ?

Thank you 🙂 !!

1 year ago

Hi, i received all colored lily flowers.

Deepa
Deepa
1 year ago

I had a dream that my later mama were eating food very happily and I was talking with him about my childhood when we were kid and he has food items in his pocket all the time andhe gave us eatable items then I asked him now and still he has something in his pocket and give me sweet burfi and I ate. He was sitting in grass field white, clothes wearing,alot of birds in sky large open space green fields

Sam
Sam
1 year ago

I had a dream that my aunt was giving me some gifts for my birthday that were from my nana who passed away over 10 years ago .
One was a pen that was my nana’s but it looked like it got refurbished. It was wrapped in a silk handkerchief that had writing on it but I can’t remember what it said really. My aunt told me she didn’t have money to gift me so she gave me these things.

Beena
Beena
1 year ago

Once I dreamt of my father who is dead, showing me directions to go to my spouse who was sitting on a bench in the garden n was talking on phone. What does this dream mean?

Ana
Ana
1 year ago

Good day i had a dream of my sister who passed away last 2009. In my dream she gave me a bed and i received it. Is it good? Thanks

Last edited 1 year ago by Ana
Ana
Ana

Thanks for the reply.
The dream location it seems like a large open space and the bed is portable and when i open it the designed of the bed floor was little deep and she said that when i put the foam will not slipt out. So i carry it and it little hard because i bumped to every sides and many people walking too. Thanks again.

1 year ago

What is restored innocence after death?

Does it signify heaven

Alice
Alice
1 year ago

I just woke up and in my dream I saw my Grandfather who passed away 5 years ago, I wanted to cry and give him a hug but he gave me a present, it was my own neckless that I have not wore in over 2 years, the neckless is a ponamu given to me on my birthday it is blessed so I wonder why my grandfather wanted to give it to me.

Katie Drew
Katie Drew
1 year ago

I had a dream about my Uncle (my fathers brother) who died a few years back. The dream was in my house but my house was bigger and different in some aspects. My uncle had just been released from hospital, his wife was with him ( they had a bad relationship and she was in a different country when he died and didn’t come to the funeral but he offered to pay for her to get to the funeral she refused, he also made sure she didn’t receive any money after that.) I was told to make sure the sofa… Read more »

Catherine
Catherine
1 year ago

I have just woken from an afternoon sleep. It was in full colour. A deceased Aunty stood on a few steps above me. Her hair was like coloured long ribbon with shiny gold and her clothes all bright and colourful. With both hands she leaned forward and gave me a gift..I was so filled with joy at seeing her, I took the gift me smiling at her and she smiling at me..once I took it she turned into a shiny stick with a pompadour, pomeranian. I saw all my living relatives to the right of me all happy and colourful… Read more »

Moreyn
Moreyn
1 year ago

I saw someone I know who is already dead selling fried bean cake and I and my husband bought from her. Is this a good dream

Moreyn
Moreyn
1 year ago

She isn’t my friend, she is from my community, I attended primary school with her and her two younger brothers, we all were in the same class though she was far older than us. She use to sell friend yam before she died. I heard she slumped and died. We weren’t close and I don’t have bad feelings for her.

Frank
Frank
1 year ago

I had a dream of a girl I dated in high school 2008. She passed away 2 or 3 years ago. In the dream we were dating again. In high school I was too shy to kiss her and we really never got the chance to actually go out places and just saw each other at school. In the dream we were kissing and going to different places and having fun and the last part I remember is going on a vacation with her and right before I woke up she said I’m mad at you.

Frank
Frank
1 year ago

I don’t I remember there being another guy I think I was getting a bit jealous but not for sure. To me our relationship in high school was good until she would stop answering my calls or texts. We broke up because she said problems with her parents. I felt like I did connect with her because I got to do all the things with her I didnt in high school and I woke up feeling refreshed and like a weight gone. Well we were at a school or some kind of building then a stadium or auditorium and on… Read more »

Zara
1 year ago

Hi I had this dream the day I was trying to do a guided meditation and fell asleep I’m going through some relationship problems right now and had asked for a break (no communication for sometime) I couldn’t sleep hence meditated. I saw two dreams 1. My sisters mother in law who died a few weeks ago distributing gold and giving me a gold bangle , a gold necklace and something else too. I seem to leave the necklace while I’m leaving but I find it back but I wasn’t sure it was the same one that she gave me.… Read more »

Zara
1 year ago

Thank you so much for replying :). I was wondering if the dream had some relation with my current relationship. Could it be associated with my relationship in anyway. I was thinking about my partner and our relationship a lot that night.

1 2 3 6