Dreaming About Bed Bugs
Bed bugs are a type of insect that feed on human blood, usually at night. When it comes to analyzing dream symbols, we understand that anything that sucks your blood is a concern. Unlike leeches or head lice, bed bugs are considered less of a threat and more of a minor irritation that reflects an area in your life. But where exactly is the threat coming from?
Bed Bug Dreams
Dreaming of bed bugs are more common than you think, they seem to crawl their way in your dreams in a metaphoric manner. Since they like to host under your bed at night (unconscious) you are focused to examine your intimate side. Could something small have the ability to manifest into a larger issue in your life?
Remember the saying when you where a kid “sleep tight and don’t let the bedbugs bite”. When you are confronted with a bite in your dream be prepared to do some digging.
The characteristics of bed bugs in our dreams can reflect the feelings and annoyances in our life. How would you react if you had bed bugs crawling under your sheets?
Bed Bug Dream Symbolism
- Something that is unknown to you,
- Brings on feelings of anxiety or frustration,
- Embarrassing when found,
- Confused in how to handle it,
- Feeling uncomfortable to rest,
- Grossed out!
Bed Bug Dream Meaning
Your dream speaks to you in a language in images, symbols and metaphors to find your answer. As if you where to ask a question to a Zen master a question only to receive a parable or paradox.
First we need to examine the meaning behind “bed” and “bugs”. Bed can be a metaphoric connecting the dreamer to intimacy, relationships and security. So far we understand that problem in your life ‘bugs‘ something that is unconsciously bugging you.
The bed is where we sleep and of course related to intimacy or lack thereof. The bed bugs act as metaphor of hidden or unknown feelings that have manifested on your mattress. They are nocturnal insects emerging at night as they sleep in the day. Could this be a symbol of not addressing problems in your daily life?
- Low testosterone levels,
- Concern about sexual performance,
- Marital or relationship issues,
- Depression, shame, feelings of guilt,
- Effects of past sexual trauma,
- Work-related stress and anxiety;
- Lonely or needing a partner.
The bites from the bed bugs show on your skin. These issues might be visible to others. Serious infestations and chronic outbreaks can cause anxiety, stress, and lack of sleep. Depending the level of infestation in your dream reflects the severity of your situation.
In your dream they are prone to attack you by hosting in your hair. These horrible vivid dreams bring your attention to your vitality, thoughts, and freedom that might be compromised at the moment.
Like your negative thoughts and feelings if it is not controlled it cause damage to you and others close to you. Bed bugs like to spread and multiply if not treated.
Anything Bugging You?
Bed bugs are notorious when it comes to hiding. They have the ability to hide in cracks in walls, crevices, and folded areas of beds, bedding and furniture, and mattresses. The nature of these bugs reflects hidden annoyances that are hard to detect in your life. Could these bugs relate to situations, family, friends or work complications that are following you home?
Usually anything that sucks your life blood in your dream might be relating to the people who drain your energy, like a psychic vampire. These are people once you let in they are hard to get rid of. They have the ability to hide and drain you when you least expect. These people really suck in your life. Do you know who they are?
Say Hello To My Little Friend
Often times we dream of killing these annoying insects. These dreams appear when you are tackling these issues that have manifested too long in your life. They are considered positive dream omen suggesting you will overcome this problem.
Bed Bugs Dreams Interesting Facts
- Bed bugs are everywhere! If you dream about them is one thing but they are known to be thriving in hospitals, offices and hotels.
- Contrary to popular belief, bed bugs are not just in big cities or third-world countries. They are found in all 50 states in America, it just they are much larger in the city.
- Similar to cockroach they can live several months without a blood meal. They like to linger in furniture, bags and suitcases for a long time until they are near a human host again.
- They are not dumb. Known to hide away from human site so they can continue to bread. They are often hiding in corners and behind pitcher frames.
- Bed bugs have a predictable feeding pattern. Once a bed bug finds a host to feed on (you), it will usually feed for 3 to 10 minutes until repletion.