Dreaming Of Forest
“In the middle of our walk of life, I found myself within a forest dark, for the straightforward pathway had been lost”.
Dante, The Divine Comedy
The forest as a place of magic and danger is found it has played an essential role in legends, myths and fairy tales. The forest contrasts the urban city life, what is unseen, forgotten; the bridge to the unknown or unconscious parts of the dreamer.
Inside the Forest In Your Dream holds a key to a higher level of awareness, though one must explore the enchanted world of the unconscious alone. This is why we often enter this magical realm at night, or perhaps alone as we stumble across many clues embedded deep in the landscape.
Forest Dream Meaning
Like most mythological and folklore tails the forest is a place that we are taught to fear of what inside. It is inhabited by unknown forces, magical people, primeval creatures, the place young kids get lost and come out adults.
This forbidden path in your dream represents a transition phase that is taking place in your life right now. The forest in our dreams connects you to the unknown part of you, or what we would like to say the divine feminine energy, Mother EARTH, or Yin Energy. She has the ability to guide you to the treasure or eat you up and spit you out.
Forest Dream Symbolism
- Death and rebirth
- Unknown perils and darkness.
Forest Dreams: The Unknown
Dreams symbols have a unique ability to send message in terms of metaphors and symbols. The forest is not a forest, but a dark place where you go to lose your soul and regain it on the other side – Dante divine comedy.
Deep in the woods the suns light cannot penetrate its surface as the fragrance of death is watching your every turn. Does the forest look enchanting or dark? The more the mystery the closer connection you might have with your unconscious.
The forest is a mirror of personal transformation, as a caterpillar evolves into a butterfly; you are going though a transition stage. Due to its unconscious nature this shift might not be necessarily known to you yet.
Similar to Luke Skywalker classic stages of a hero’s journey, the forest represents the call to adventure. Similar to Luke you are confronted with wise people or a helpful guide along your path; as well as many obstacles. Forest can appear many times in our lives when we are in the process of finding something deep within.
Symbolic Meaning Of Forest Dreams
Did you know that the forest has a deep connection “The Mother”, a place behind you where life thrives. This is a place represented in mythology and folklore that is opposite to your comfort zone, how did it appear in your dreams? Was the forest dark or was the forest green in your dream? Its close connection with your childhood bedtime stories – a dangerous place if you get lost, harboring with all kinds of dangers and demons.
The forest represents what is unknown to you that connects you back to the Mother archetype, its layout or blueprint so to speak reflects your own unconscious feminine energy that needs exploring.
Forest Dreams: Did You Know?
- More than 250 million people live in the forest.
- The largest area of forest in the tropics remain the Amazon Basin, amounting to 79.1 million acres.
- 70% of the world’s animals depends on forests for their homes.
- Forests cover three billion hectares of the Earth’s surface.
- More than 25% of the medicines we use originate in rain forests plants.
- A man from India started planting trees when he was 16-years-old. He’s 47 now and lives in his own forest with rhinos, tigers and elephants.
- They are an ecosystem which includes many plants and animals.
- In Japan, doctors would tell their patients “Forest therapy” to treat depression and anxiety.
- At least 20% of the Earth’s oxygen is produced by Amazon Forest.
- About 80% of the Earth’s original forests have been cleared or destroyed.
- They can exist from the equator to near the polar regions, but different climates have different kinds of forests.