Dreaming Of Rats

When rats are troublesome dream omens that warn the dreamer of something hidden and very dangerous in your life.

Anytime we use the word ‘rat’ its never viewed in a good light, but more of an unclean, diseased and contaminated rodent that triggers a gross feeling.

Rats contain a hidden message often as a warning for the dreamer to pay attention to something negative that needs to be eliminated immediately.

hey dwell in areas you wouldn’t even dare to explore; lingering behind dumpsters, breeding in sewers and wondering on subway tracks.

Rat Dreams

Rats are far more complex and intelligent then we make them out to be. Metaphorically speaking this problem is not going to go away very easily as they know how to hide and dwell in the dark corners of your mind.

When they appear the problem in your life seem to be already manifested, sometimes the size determines how long it has been hidden for. Who could the rat be in your dreams?

• enemies
  • hidden issues not fixed
  • negative emotions, thoughts and behaviors
  • unconscious pestering thoughts (negativity)
  • psychic attack

Rats in dreams can appear to be scrupulous people, personal suffering or something that has been nagging you for a long time. A warning that it comes with sickness attached to it – they contaminate anything in its path.

The direction of where the rat is going leads you a clue. If the rat is found and is leaving or escaping your vicinity its a positive dream symbol. If you notice a rat running and hiding somewhere its a hint on where to look. This is a problem that needs to be addressed in order to be fixed

The location of the rat tells you if this is an internal or external problem. When you noticed rats in you house brings your attention on your mind/psyche as its related to an internal issue. This could be negative thinking or possibly a spiritual attack. Rats at your work place are hints to issues related to your work environment.

Dream Of Rats Running

Majority of dreams that involve rats you always see them either running or hiding. This lets you know that you might be somewhat conscious of the “rat” but will take time to find it.

Dreaming of rats crawling on you shows you that you are unaware of the dangers around you. These issue have manifested to a point where they are out of control and need to be fixed.

Rat Bite Dreams

Rats that bite in dreams are considered a bad omen signifying threats and warnings of the people you surround yourself around. Perhaps its is something that might be gnawing away at your consciousness. Thread carefully as your dream is giving you a heads up you might be to close to something that poses a threat.

Killing Rat Dreams

Killing a rat in your dream is a very positive omen that you have identified a threat that has been plaguing you for a long time. The question is if this is a threat that relates to someone or something in your life – or – relating to unconscious urges, behaviors and troubles that have been gnawing away at you.

Dead rats are very positive dream symbols that let you know that the troubles will eventually stop. These can be dangerous people who have left you or things in your life that where causing major disturbances.

The location helps determine where the issue might be residing. Often times if it is in your house it connects to your mind as each floor contains a different meaning. Furthermore how it is killed and by who is another clue that helps put the pieces of the puzzle together.

Rat Dropping Dreams Meaning

Noticing rat droppings suggests you are now becoming aware of a threat around you. You are unable to see it but this is a lead to take action of something dangerous is lurking around. This is a dream that encourages the dreamer that a threat is present in your life and needs to be exterminated The good news is you have identified that their is an issue presently lurking.

Cat and Rat Dreams

Noticing a cat and rat can be considered a very positive dream symbol as a threat in your life might be exterminated by unconscious feminine instincts.

Spiritual Meaning Of Rats

The enemy of the rat is a snake. Snakes in dreams can either be both good and bad connotations attached to it. However, when it comes to spirituality snakes are symbols of healing and transcendence. People who are more spiritually inclined might view the rat in dreams as a threat to the spiritual.

A need to awaken your energies or become in tuned with your intuition as you are up against an enemy. This could be a warning of a psychic attack on your aura that is feeding off of your energy.  A warning to ground and pay close attention to your thoughts as the negative is taking over.

The color of the rat can also be translated differently. A black rat might be related to the shadow archetype; basically the unknown dangerous aspects of the dreamer. A white rat can might pose a less of a threat but still a warning.

Rats Biblical Dream Meaning

Leviticus 11:29  “And these are unclean to you among the swarming things that swarm on the ground: the mole rat, the mouse, the great lizard of any kind“.

Rats are commonly depicted in the bible as unclean and unkempt rodents that should never be eaten. Warnings to stay away and avoid at all costs. Rats are symbols in the Bible relating to a warning or unseen issues in your life that will cause a problem.

The movie Dracula uses rats as part of the vampire threat that scares everyone. The scene was well done, showing the vampire the light as it disappears in the darkness. The rats are a symbol of being unclean and dangerous.

Rat Dreams: Personal Encounters

Recording decades of dreams I noticed whenever the rat appeared it was a serious warning. Unlike the mouse its tiny predecessor, rats are a larger scale problem you will be encountering.

They are not considered a good omen, however they are teachers hoping we will overcome this obstacle. Rat can be people, situations or a metaphor for something that is plaguing your mind. A rat can be whatever it wants when it is presented to you.

The rat comes to be when I am suffering from pain. Before I through out my back, the rat entered my house. I knew the very morning that I had a problem on my hands but what? I forgot about this dream until months down the road I saw the rat leave my house.

This was foreshadowing the pain and negative thoughts pertaining to my back will be gone. One month after the dream I started to heal.

I noticed during times of suffering the rat has always appeared in my life. There might be a connection between negative thought patterns and the rat. This is why they are found so often in our house in dreams.

Interesting Rat Characteristics

1. Rats take care of injured and sick rats in their group and are known to be very social.
  2. An adult rat has the ability to squeeze into your home through a hole as small as the size of a quarter.
  3. Rats teeth are so powerful that allow them to chew through glass, cinder block, wire, aluminum and lead.
  4. Known to spread nasty disease that have killed human (plague).
  5. Rats are omnivores, but many prefer meat when they can get it.
  6. They are found all over the world.
  7.  Henry Hill and 6ix9ine are Americas biggest rats.

Rat Idioms:

• Being a rat – a person that tells on someone else.
  • Ratting on someone – someone tells on you for what you did.
  • To Smell a rat – someone who is poisonous to an enthronement.
  • Rat race – living in a toxic environment trying to get ahead.
  • Rats!

Elisha
Elisha
5 months ago

I had a disturbing dream that a vicious pet rat had esaped in a house. I found it in the corner of a bedroom. Let it bite a blue pillow instead of my hand. Whilst it was attached to the pillow, I stuffed it in a white cage. It tried to claw at me, it gave up & ate it’s babies. Not a nice vivid dream to have.

Elisha
Elisha
5 months ago

Thank you. I’ll keep my whits about me. Alot of changes going on at the mo.

Arlene
Arlene
6 months ago

Last night I dreamed my husband was laying down on MY side of the bed (right). (He is a paraplegic in real life and in the dream.) I walked into the bedroom and saw to my left two big snakes, intertwined, near HIS side of bed (left). One was black and red and the other pure black. I was surprised and nervous because they were venomous and I didn’t want to be bitten and didn’t know how they got inside. I got pretty close to them when one started hissing so I backed off and moved away. Then as I… Read more »

Dani
8 months ago

Hi, I had a horrible dream last night that I’d left my jacket outside in the garage. Then I was inside and felt cold so I went to get the jacket and put it on. I was sitting in the house and I noticed a motionless white rat poking out from the bottom of my jacket. It was like a pet rat with ginger markings. I pulled it out and felt like I just wanted to get it off me. Then many hours later I became warm and my back was itching so I took off my jacket and the… Read more »

Last edited 8 months ago by Dani
Dani
8 months ago

Thank you so much for this. It is very helpful. I have been thinking by throwing the jacket away that I may have resolved these fears. I hope so!

Bill
Bill
8 months ago

I had a dream where I had hunted and killed a moose and was gutting the carcass for the meat. When I was pulling the innards out a rat chewed it’s way out of the stomach and scurried off. I followed it and threw my knife at it impaling it. Thick black rat blood sprayed over my pants. Not sure what this means?

Schueller
Schueller
10 months ago

I had a dream that a large rat dropped out of a hidden drawer under my work desk, attached but unknown to me previously, I was really scared and when I looked at it I still felt very afraid that it would attack me but it didn’t touch me, later I showed it to my son who found it hiding in the same hidden spot or drawer attached to the underside of my work desk but it was sleeping and much smaller. Later still I found it again and it was small enough to crush underfoot.

LindenLea
LindenLea
11 months ago

I had a dream that I was in a warehouse. I was going up stairs and down slides to accomplish whatever goal I had in a certain time period. I was clearing the warehouse out of different kinds of nuisances. As I was about to leave, I saw two rats on the top floor. One of the rats was eating the other, and had blood all over it’s mouth. It just sat there and stared at me, eating away. I knew in my dream the rat had rabies and I had to kill it. I started to go after it… Read more »

Zack
Zack
11 months ago

In my dream I woke to rodent sounds coming from my 4×5′ closet, when I looked inside rats were everywhere running in and out of the walls dropping from the ceiling and clustering all over the floor. At the center of my closet I seen a cat huddled with her kitten but they were anemic and frail looking neither one could move. In that dream I sought a way to save the two cats by killing the rats but woke from the dream before I had the chance. The night before I dreamt I was swarmed by flies so naturally… Read more »

Kohen kawl
Kohen kawl
1 year ago

I dream that I went to a new university where I had a chat with a famous dissent of a non democratic country who is sought by the govt. Then he fades away. I saw that I had discussion with new class mates and were in a class. After the class I saw everyone were standing on an exit and I am bit ahead.The way to go home is made of soil and there are angry rats. It’s a small bit of way to go somewhere to catch a vehicle. So I begun running to cross that and I could… Read more »

Kohen kawl
Kohen kawl
Reply to  Kohen kawl

How bad is it?

Eyeball Saul
Eyeball Saul
1 year ago

So I had a dream about a rat last night but it did not feel negative in its tone at all. The rat as white and it was in a cage. It was as if it was a pet. I let it out of its cage so it can have a run around, it kind of does it’s own thing for a bit and then I call it over. Reach out my hand and it jumps in it and I stroke it. I let it down again and it does it’s own thing. I realise that it’s time to put… Read more »

Shiloh
Shiloh
1 year ago

I dreamed that I opened a door to a large, long forgotten room. It was dusty; things had been left unfinished such as a curtain that was only partially hung. I was moving things around and a rat darted out and ran along the floor. My female dog (she exists in my real life) shot past me, caught the rat, and gave it a killing shake. In real life, she is a good ratter. I awoke with a residual feeling of unease, more because I had found a long-closed room.

Rachel
Rachel
1 year ago

I had a rat dream for the first time last night. I walked into a room (not in my home but it seemed like a dwelling and not an office) that had numerous boxes and debris. Under two heavy boxes were two large rats that I assumed were dead. I was annoyed that I was going to need to clean up and dispose of the dead rats. But when I moved the heavy boxes, but rats were still alive (disfigured and squished) and slowly began to wake up and walk away. I woke up then, so I’m not sure if… Read more »

Dne
Dne
1 year ago

Hi, I dreamt seeing two small rats making their way to the inside of my fridge door. Stuck inside the door was a much larger rat, so large that their was a bulge. With the help of friends in the dream I planned to remove and open door outside to get rid of the rats. Never got to actually do in the dream though. I have no prior resentment towards rats but I do think they are a nasty nuisance.

Steph
Steph
1 year ago

I dreamt that a friends discovered two dead rats in an air vent in my house. She tried to show them to me but I freaked out and told her to just get rid of them outside somewhere.

Kris
Kris
1 year ago

I dreamed that I was going to take a shower but a guest followed me into the bathroom so I just cleaned out my bathroom instead. I found some small white mice (more than 5) in a drawer that I guess I had been leaving there for my dad to take care of. My initial instinct was to fatten them so I made 2 much larger. Then I asked my dad what did he want me to do with them and he began throwing all of the mice into the bathtub and toilet. I guess he figured they’d drown or… Read more »

Dean
Dean
1 year ago

I saw a rat in someone’s bedroom under scarf. I went to grab something to smash it but it came out and I missed. It ran across the floor and I then threw the book at it and missed again. Then it tried to jump up at me but I was to fast for it to land on me. Then I woke up.

Susan
Susan
1 year ago

I dreamed my mother and son (who are very close and separated with quarantine) were touching rats in a pet cage. There were four rats white, gray which were cute and two bigger chunkier brown ones not so cute with dark eyes and greasy looking. My mom was touching one of the lighter ones or close to touching them and laughing and my son was imitating her with the cute gray one (look like ratatouille) but I quickly stopped him and complained of germs. And they both complain that I’m no fun.

penelope
penelope
1 year ago

in my dream last night I saw what I thought were two rats in my house, but then one turned out to be an opossum. my family and I managed to scoot them out of the house but then saw them waiting on the other side of the doorway. they might have come back in I can’t remember. the dream didn’t feel as scary as I think it would have been in real life.

Charlene
Charlene
1 year ago

I had a dream I was laying on the floor in a green dress. By the time I saw the mouse/rat it was by my hip. I moved to sit up. It kept walking as if it didn’t notice me. When it got to the chair it looked at me, I scared it. Then it went under the chair.

Carla
Carla
1 year ago

I had a dream/nightmare where I was sitting in an auditorium and this dark grey rat came from the ceiling right at me and just started biting me everywhere. I couldn’t get it off me. It was awful. I eventually killed it. What does this mean??

carla
carla
1 year ago

yes the rat came from the ceiling. Can you clarify what you mean by the issue coming from the top or above me?? I don’t understand what you mean??

Valerie
Valerie
1 year ago

I dreamt about multiple grey, black, and while rats being found in the walls of my home (I think) but they were caught and relocated…not sure what this may represent.

Valerie
Valerie
1 year ago

My boyfriend wants me to move to PA where he lives, and I want us to be together but have reservations about relocating from Texas. Think it could be related to that?