Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Lucid dreaming while experiencing sleep paralysis
oerst1
Beginner
Post Lucid dreaming while experiencing sleep paralysis
on: May 24, 2017, 13:24

Hello all!

I found this forum after looking for some answers about a recent experience. I'm excited to see if anyone has any similar stories!

I am 24 and have had lucid dreams since I was a little girl, so I'm used to them and quite enjoy the experience.

Recently, however, I started experiencing sleep paralysis while having lucid dreams. This I do not enjoy so much.

I spent some time trying to find forums or information on the matter but the experiences I keep reading about on sleep paralysis only mention either laying in darkness awake or staring at your body unable to move or hallucinations. But what I experience aren't hallucinations, I'm lucid dreaming. It happens when I lucid dream and then decide it's time to get up but I can't open my eyes or move or speak, instead I'm just stuck in my dream world basically trying to do things that might trigger waking me. ( finally deserted to trying to kill myself knowing fully it wasn't real, but it was not an enjoyable experience).This particular time I was able to force my eyes open three separate times but was so overcome with sleepiness that I couldn't hold them open. Of course, as soon as I'd shut my eyes I was back stuck in my dream. By the time I was able to get out of bed I was more annoyed than anything but it was not pleasant.

At one point, my dream was a dream within my real dream, where I decided to find and convince the people that live with me to wake me up. So not only was I trying to wake up in the real world, I was trying to wake from a dream in my dream. I would 'wake up' from that one only to realize HA no your just in the first dream. Im not sure what eventually got me up but the forth time I managed to open my eyes I think I was just so sick of the cycle that I was able to force it.

Anyway, has anyone else experienced anything similar? Do you have any thoughts about this? Thank you for your responses!!

Stephanie
Beginner
Post Re: Lucid dreaming while experiencing sleep paralysis
on: June 1, 2017, 03:33

I experience similar dream and feeling quite often unfortunately. But mines a Lil different. In mine, I actually can hear what's going on round me and I try waking up, I 2 am able 2 open eyes and get glimpses of everything and everyone and I'm trying to talk, trying to tell them to shake me, or anything. Asking them wake me. And a few times gone friends that were round me would say I was doing sum weird twitch like shaking . crazy.

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.2 ; Page loaded in: 0.027 seconds.