The Meaning Of Dreams

Nobody knows exactly the true purpose of dreaming. It’s possible that our dreams are used for humans to consolidate its memories for things that happened the day before. Once in the dream state, it’s also possible that our brain pulls information that we need and disregards the stuff that we don’t. Many researchers feel that our dreams are like a noise in the background that is thought out and organized.

This would mean that our dreams are simply the brain’s way of making sense of unexpected transmissions happening during our sleep. Depending on the person, some will have the ability to control their dreams better than others.

These are the people that can make situations in their dream by thinking of an event just before they pass out on the pillow. It is a proven fact that humans need sleep to function properly the next day. If you so happen to be sleep-deprived, you will be more prone to suffer from hallucinations or a physical breakdown.

Even with scientific study on dreams we really dont understand the true meaning of dreams. It’s really up to the dreamer to make a judgement call. For the most part we have the people who believe in dreams and the ones who don’t. It’s a hard debate to convince somebody when we don’t have actual proof.

Many people still think that we just dream so our brain filters out the junk we don’t need; where the rest think that it’s something magical.  If you allow your mind to open up and try to embrace your dreaming capability, your powers are endless.

Meaning Of Dreams

Remembering your dreams is the first step. The second step is trying to remember and record your dreams. To fully gain insight to your dreams, you must remember that dream interpretation is similar to riding a bike for the first time, or learning a new language. Starting this new exploration into to the mind requires little work, because here at Dream Dictionary, we’ve put together 5000 words and symbols for the dreamers needs.

If you are the person who forgets your dreams when you wake up, then you have to follow a couple of steps to get started. The first step is to make sure you don’t rush out of bed when you get up from your sleep. The very moment you wake up you must take your time and think what events happened in your dream. You must put down every single detail even if you don’t find it relevant. The second step is to have a dream journal by your bed and write down what symbols you remember. The third step is recall your dreams in a backward sequence. Basically, start from the last event or feeling that you remember, and then go as far back as you can possibly remember. You must keep the last thought sort of like taking a picture. Also, this takes time and practice, and can be quite frustrating at times. Once you become good, you will be able to strengthen your dream memory, and later on, it will become as easy as breathing.

Dream Meaning: Jung vs Freud

The two famous psychiatrists that come to people’s minds when we analyze our dreams are Sigmund Freud and Carl Jung. These men single handedly changed the way we look at and interpret dreams and dreaming.

Even though Carl Jung was Freud’s predecessor, they both had totally different views on the whole matter. In today’s world we are more open to Jung’s way of looking at dream analysis and disregard Freud.

To make it simple, Freud believed that our dreams are manifestations of our deepest darkest sexual desires that we have hidden in us. Jung, on the other hand, had a more simple approach to it; he believed that we can all interpret our dreams ourselves and each dream has a meaning behind it. Though, it doesn’t necessarily mean we have darkest sexual desires attached to every symbol.

Your vision will become clear only when you look into your heart. Who looks outside, dreams. Who looks inside, awakens. – Carl Jung

Carla
Carla
1 year ago

I’m 47 I have 3 adult children my dream is of my middle son just standing at the bottom of a long corridor, would really love some input about this, it’s the 3rd time I’ve had it now

Kay
Kay
1 year ago

So I’m currently 37 weeks pregnant about to give birth and I had a dream I was holding my daughter in my arms walking about outside with a blanket over her face and she was crying but for some reason I couldn’t take the blanket off of her.

Layla
Layla
1 year ago

I keep have the same dream for the past week of me sitting underwater for long amounts of a time. I’m just sitting with my arms on my legs at the bottom of a 12 feet pool and I’m looking either forward to a darkish side of the pool or looking above me to see all the commotion and yelling happening. I see no people just the reflection of the outside and the water being wavy. But I don’t feel anything bad I just feel calm and a sense of major difference between being underwater rather than up there, outside.… Read more »

Layla
Layla
1 year ago

I’m not completely sure it does relate to the covid-19. But what you had been saying has actually made sense and answered some of my questions. Thank you.

Cristina
Cristina
1 year ago

My brother passed away this year last January 19, 2020, I had a dream of him waiving at me. When I was about to to come with he ran away and disappeared.

Cristina
Cristina
1 year ago

I was busy doing something that time and I was inside a house which is not our house and I’m not familiar with it when suddenly I turned around and I saw my brother standing outside the door of that house and he called me but I did not hear any sound or voice coming from him. He waived at me while smiling and when I was about to run towards him he ran away from me going outside and when I followed him and look where did he go he immediately disappeared. During that time in my dream I… Read more »

Gordon
Gordon
1 year ago

Holding white pigeon with wings spread one is perfect other clipped in half, clean cut beautiful color design, the bird gripping my shoulder won’t let go. People who were with me leave me I call out KwaMakhutha , several times not loudly no comes back to me.

Helen Burns
Helen Burns
1 year ago

I had this dream last night. I have never dreamed about rats before.

Helen Burns
Helen Burns
1 year ago

I am sitting by the fire. Rats keep coming out beside the fire and attacking me.

Elizabeth
Elizabeth
2 years ago

I have a question I had a dream last night were one guy I know I trying to pull me into the boys bathroom trying to show me something and I’m trying to pull away and I’m trying to tell him I cant go in there its the boys bathroom and another guy I know comes over and pulls me away from the guy that was trying to pull me in the bathroom and hes telling me not to trust that guy at the same time. What does that dream mean?

Fred Braun
Fred Braun
2 years ago

I have a reoccurring dream of being back in the army and trying to tell anyone it’s a mistake.

ryen
ryen
9 years ago

me and my friend discovered that one of the dreams we’ve always remembered was being in a car in the middle of the night, pulling in reverse and not being able to stop. what does it mean and has anyone else had this dream too?

Samantha
Samantha
9 years ago

Death of my brother and my dead nana came to help with the funeral

vickie west
vickie west
9 years ago

I have been having a dream that my teeth are oversized and black and I can pull them out in the mirror with my fingers

JustMe143
JustMe143
9 years ago

Last night i had a dream about a guy i like. we had a thing for a few weeks but we stopped. In my dream we were hanging out and he was hugging me, i was cuddling into his arms. We kissed and cuddled. We were together, and he had a sparkle in his eye, and wouldnt let me go. It was almost like i hadent seen him in a long time and we missed eachother. I’ve had dreams about him in the past. In the past we were just hanging out and having a good time with friends. We… Read more »

Logan
Logan
9 years ago

I keep having dreams about my ex boyfriends. In one the guy is very protective of me and very obsessive. I haven’t spoken to him in a while. And another the ex and I are like holding hands and kissing and stuff like that. I’m soooooooooo confused please help me figure it out !

Logan
Logan
9 years ago

I keep having dreams about my ex boyfriends. In one the guy is very protective of me and very obsessive. I haven’t spoken to him in a while. And another the ex inherent like holding hands and kissing and stuff like that. I’m soooooooooo confused please help me figure it out !

maddie
maddie
9 years ago

My bf had a dream about him falling off a cliff into water. He had an experience almost drowning when he was lil. I hink it could b connected but I’m not sure……. I’m just worried.

Jennifer
Jennifer
9 years ago

I recently had this dream where im at work like any other day. Im standing at a desk either looking for something or grabbing something. When all of a sudden i fall and i noticed my pants were so big they were wrapped around my feet. No matter how hard i tried i couldnt get up i just kept slipping…

grace
grace
Reply to  Jennifer
9 years ago

Maybe you have to do something but something else is holding you down.

brittany
brittany
9 years ago

in my dream i’m sleeping on my couch and i hear this woman yelling at me to get up and move, i can’t stay there or i’ll die. i won’t be able to move,open my eyes, or breath. i manage to yell i can’t then i hear her screaming and i wake up in my bed screaming. i’ve had this dream for the last four nights and i don’t want to fall asleep again until i figure it out!

grace
grace
Reply to  brittany
9 years ago

A relative of mine had exactly the same dream. Only the woman is a ghost yelling “wake up!” and screaming a lot.

Dave
9 years ago

Hi, I really had a messed up dream the other nite and I’m kinda looking. for some answers. about it, I had dreamt I was working and I ,we had to relocate. to my girlfriends work. as the power was out. and they had a back up generator . she works at a nursing Home. the next thing I knew I was going to have a seat in a parlor almost some residents so I was. about to sit on a stool only to have it move on me , and heard the words no you don’t an apparition showed.… Read more »

Cristy Woodruff
Cristy Woodruff
Reply to  Dave
1 year ago

How serious are you with this girlfriend? If serious, the thought came to me a saying I have said to my husband is “I’m going to love you till we are old and grey”-made me think of retirement home. So maybe you’re thinking in your dream she’s the one your soul needs till the retirement home (typically the last place you might go before you pass). Then the second half based off the first part could be you’re scared because it’s going to drain all of your energy (just like in the dream). If it has nothing to do with… Read more »

weslene smith
weslene smith
9 years ago

someone is puching me into the Lake – very cold water- he is on a tactor