Teeth Falling Out In Your Dreams? Find The True Meaning

If there was a race for the most unsettling dream symbol in the world teeth dreams will take first place by a landslide.

Did you know that teeth dreams are one of the most searched symbols on google’s search engine. Or the fact that teeth in dreams is one of the oldest translated known symbols dating as far back to ancient Egypt.

Teeth are enigmatic dreams symbols that often point towards some sort of loss in our lives. This is why many people associate losing teeth in their dreams and death. While this could be true it is not always the case. In fact most teeth dreams symbolize our insecurities, inner weaknesses, poor communication, or a loss of control in your life. According to psychologist Carl Jung, Dreaming about your Teeth Falling Out can be a sign a major transition or rebirth taking place in your life.

Find Out The 8 Dream Symbols You Should Never Ignore

So who should we believe? Well it turns out that all these interpretations might all be correct. Though, the specific details that emerge in your dream are exclusively unique to the you and nobody else – locations, people, mood and how the teeth appeared are metaphoric clue leading you to the answer.

Teeth Dream Meaning

As the saying goes when someone is making something very difficult ‘it’s like pulling teeth‘. Dreams have a funny way of sending us messages in metaphors as if you should examine your stubborn ways.

The definition ‘to pull‘ is to exert force on someone or something; as well to cause movement towards oneself. You may want to reflect what areas in your life where you are exerting force that is causing you distress.

If you were struggling to pull out a broken tooth it can alter the meaning. Pulling your own teeth might also bring your attention to speech or lack thereof.  It would mirror trying to force something out of you that you don’t want to admit within yourself.

If you noticed an unknown person pulling on your teeth could link to the shadow archetype – the dark side of your personality. If you were looking in a mirror suggests self reflection as the dream would be directed internally.

• Examine internal struggle
  • Unable to get something out of you (speech)
  • Shadow side of dreamer
  • Unconscious need to admit something negative
  • Taking out something that is valuable to you

Teeth-Dreams

Teeth Dreams: Rotting Teeth?

These dreams can be quite alarming as you notice your beautiful teeth decaying in front of your eyes. Rotting teeth dreams can suggest a variety of different interpretations; possibly reflecting on image, speech or neglected responsibilities.

What has been repressed hides deep in the unconscious as it appears our dreams at night. If something is left rotting long enough it moves towards the core; the dream might be a warning to stop it before it gets worse.

Rotting teeth dreams could symbolize our anxieties and fears that we repressing deep down inside us. How we feel on the inside might be now visible to others on the outside. Feeling unhealthy, maliciously bad talking others, or even our own insecurities can reflect rotting teeth.

If you noticed yourslef looking directly in the mirror might be related to the shadow archetype – the unknown repressed side that wants to be noticed.

• The decay, decline and degeneration of our image
  • Negative speech
  • Neglected aspects of your personality
  • Deterioration of image

Teeth Dream: Broken, Chipped or Crooked

Remember the Hollywood blockbuster movie Dumb & Dumber? We automatically assume anyone with a chipped or broken tooth as ugly, unintelligent or poor. Could the image of the chipped or broken tooth reflect how you feel on the inside, or connect to your image and how people view you?

Something internal needs fixing that remains unconscious to you. Could the tooth relate to insecurities, past traumas, recent experiences of failure, rejection, loneliness, social anxiety, negative beliefs about yourself and perfectionism.

A fear of being exposed of our imperfection we unconsciously dream of having dreams of this nature. You may mask or ignore your flaws to protect your ego, however if neglected for too long the dream will be more vivid.  Dreaming of crooked teeth suggests something that needs to be straightened in your life.

• Broken words or lies
  • Unconscious insecurities
  • Being vulnerable
  • Feeling stupid, weak or viewed as dumb

Teeth Falling Out In Dreams

As bizarre as this dream they tend to be the most experienced with all teeth themes. The dream might unfold as you notice one tooth missing; momentary all eventually come out. The unsettling feeling brings your awareness to speech, support, loss and insecurities.

Could these dreams suggest an inability to hold things together in your life, or fears and anxieties you are battling with?

Connecting things falling apart in your life whether it be your relationships or the loss of people who were once close to you. Investigating how you speak, if you are not true to yourself. Clues in the dream are the people who where around you, location or if you were looking in the mirror – hinting at self reflection.

• Falling out of love or communication with someone
  • Fear of feeling inadequate
  • Loss of something important
  • Stress, fears and anxiety
  • An inability holding things together

db32ac908bfb773185e5ef5de293e8fa.559x524x1

Crumbling Teeth Dreams

Crumbling teeth dreams appear as falling apart into small fragments while you notice them in you hand preferably. These dream bring our attention to areas in our life that have been left neglected for too long, hence this process of deterioration.

Possible fears of something valuable collapsing within; unable to hold it together anymore. A metaphor like a once strong building that has now is crumbed to the ground. Unconscious worries possibly aging or losing things that were once strong are no longer.

Could this apply to your relationship, family or work that is left you with nothing?

• Used to be strong
  • Personal reflection
  • Fears and anxiety of getting older
  • A loss of something that was once valuable

Losing Your Teeth In Dreams

A lost tooth might reflect something that is incomplete inside you. Depending the context of the dream the meaning can alter. If you noticed you lost a tooth in front of a mirror suggest it might be related to image. It could be a metaphor for losing something that was once close to you that is now gone.

• Insecurities
  • Fears and anxieties
  • Embarrassment
  • Fear of a loss of something valuable
  • Trying to cover up something to others
  • Lack of control

False Teeth Dreams

These dreams might be metaphoric in nature hinting at you not telling the truth. Question if you feel fake around others or not being true to yourself. False teeth can imply an internal problem that is being seen by others. Do you have a tendency to be dishonest or you break the rules? Could it suggest a need to be replaced by something new?

Spitting or Hole In Tooth Dreams

Spitting out teeth is a common yet vivid dream that often leaves the person with an unsettling feeling through the day. You can explore the aspects of your life that mirrors weakness, instability, and loss relating communication or internal struggle. What might not be rooted properly?

A hole in your tooth in your dream usually is directed at your self image or something missing in your life. The hole is metaphoric for something that was once strong and firm are now missing and incomplete. The emotions felt in the dream will reflect a particular situation in your life that it is relating to

Breaking Teeth Dreams

If someone is breaking your teeth it could donate to someone trying to ruin your personal image. Unable to recognize the person suggests self destructive behavior and to watch what you say. You might be doing something that is not ethical or being crooked in your waking life.

Teeth Dreams & Death

There have been many cases of strange coalitions between teeth dreams and death. Does this suggest when you lose teeth someone is going to die? The chances are slim however many people report when they lose teeth someone close to them dies.

Not all dream symbols are collectively shared between person to person as teeth can be translated in many different ways similar to the snake. Before you jump to conclusions it can be as simple as image or maybe it is time to see the dentist.

Different Perspectives On Teeth Dreams

Interestingly enough teeth dreams have been recorded as far back as the beginning of dream interpretation. Teeth seem to be a collective symbol we all share… on a conscious and unconscious level. Within the Greek culture they believe that teeth imply illness and death.

The ancient Chinese believed when you dream of teeth in a negative way it represents how we communicate with one another.

For the most part most of the people in the western world today are so revolved around image and looking good.  This is why the mirror appears in the dream for the dreamer to do self reflection of insecurities preying on our soul.

Teeth Dream Theories

These dreams even baffled the ancient Greeks; the well known diviner Artemidorus suggested teeth relates to financial loss. Not long after in the Jewish Talmud,  they felt teeth dreams are bad omens relating to a death of a family member.

In modern times, psychoanalyst Freud felt it contained sexual elements; where as his predecessor Carl Jung suggested it was related to child birth or transition. Could it be the distress you feel going to the dentist mimicking an sensitive area in your life

eeek
eeek
9 years ago

My dream consisted of all of the above. I had an extra row of side teeth, two missing at the front, a black tooth at the bottom, then the inside row of teeth were coming out kind of like when you pull a burnt layer off a marshmallow, then one came out root and all and was bleeding. I was in a hospital with my brothers, one of whom was being checked out by a nurse. Never had one like this before and it is making me feel ill thinking about it!!!

Tenhae
Tenhae
9 years ago

Hello I’m about to turn 26 I’m a single mum.

I rarely remember dreams :

This morning I had the most vivid dream that my bottom teeth were loose loose enough I could pain free just pull them out it was all the bottom teeth except for my lower front the top were also untouched.

The 2nd last tooth I pulled out was hollow inside non were bloody it was painless: I think I was around family and there wasn’t panic more awe in the fact of what was happening.

:-/

Ar
Ar
9 years ago

Hello, I had a dream last night where my back tooth started to crumble and fall out of my mouth. I was near my mother’s bathtub and kept spitting the broken pieces out while trying to turn on the water so that I could rinse my mouth – this was a very long process and whenever I looked down into the tub I not only saw pieces of my broken tooth, but things like rings, earrings etc. so I had to make sure I picked them up and put them out of the way. I just started a new job… Read more »

Emma
Emma
9 years ago

Hi, I had a dream last night that I was pulling my teeth out because they where wobbly but they were baby teeth but I was still an adult, I didn’t pull them all out just a few, I was with someone in the dream but can’t remember who and can’t remember where I was but I was stood up while I was doing it and I was talking to whoever I was with, its been playing on my mind all day!!

Kaylee
Kaylee
9 years ago

Okay so I had a dream lastnight, I was with a few of my older cousins. We went to a house that i have never seen before and we were there to eat frozen fish (i HATE fish) and the next thing I no, i have pretty much no teeth. I have one of my top front, and 3 on the bottom but the ones on the bottom were chipped. Then i was feeling around with my tounge and I could pull my gum’s up with it.. It was really weird and all day i have been wondering why I… Read more »

Lisa
Lisa
9 years ago

I had a dream that I was going to call about dental insurance, because my tooth was really loose. I have been stressed, lately. I have been worried about my husband, who just found out he has asthma and finances. So, thinking of the meaning worries me. Yet, there is a huge probability I just had the dream because I just bought a huge pack of toothbrushes and my husband had made a comment about needing his teeth capped last night. I mention this for those who are worried. Think about your conversations in the last few days and if… Read more »

Tory
Tory
9 years ago

Last night I had a dream, that my friend told me if I bite down hard enough and break my teeth, they will get straighter. So I did I, I broke my teeth and they were bleeding. Then I went to the dentist and he put stuff on my teeth, kinda of like braces, to fix them, then I woke up. I’ve had dreams like this also, biting down really hard and breaking my teeth. :/ The eff does that mean?

Wolfeh
Wolfeh
9 years ago

I had a dream last night that I saw someone getting nails hammered into their back mollers… in the dream I was sickened, I didn’t want to watch. Later in the dream, or the night, I had a different dream were I chipped off one of my teeth with a pair of finger nail clippers. When I felt the piece of tooth fall onto my tongue, I put it into my hand and examined it.. I wasn’t scared at all I just said “Oh… I broke my tooth. Oh well” I think this might have to do with the extreme… Read more »

Kaylee
Kaylee
Reply to  Wolfeh
9 years ago

To me that does sound like you are under amounts of stress or you will be in the near future.. I honestly believe dreams can tell us things but some people think Im crazy for thinking that!!

carys
carys
9 years ago

i had a dream of pulling my teeth out, can anybody help me find out what my dream meant?

Meiyanna
Meiyanna
9 years ago

I just woke up this morning, and the only thing I can vividly remember about my dream is taking these teeth out. These weren’t ordinary teeth either. All of the teeth I pulled were in an extra row behing my regular teeth. Plus, every single one of them were huge! For example, the first one I pulled was right behind four of my bottom teeth. It was flat and long, but very white. Every time I pulled one out another one would start to feel sore and wobbly. It freaked me out. So, I had to search for answers. lol

hector
hector
9 years ago

just woke up from a nightmare… i was getting ready for a wedding and i was looking in the mirror, i noticed my teeth were loose. with my thumb i lifted one of the teeth straight out of the gums, all of a sudden the gums got swollen and i looked in the mirror and noticed i looked older, after that all the rest of my bottom teeth started to do the same they just lifted right out of my gums. and i looked at my hand and counted 7 teeth some were broken into pieces. maybe one of the… Read more »

justin
justin
9 years ago

I’ve been having dreams ill grind my teeth till they start breaking.

Carly
Carly
9 years ago

Last night I had a dream that I got into a fight with my best friend and I had braces and she pulled on my braces so hard that she pulled out most of my teeth. There was no blood and it didn’t hurt me. I just kept crying. Not sure why it means when someone else pulls your teeth out. Any suggestions?

paris
paris
9 years ago

I just had a dream that I was sitting in a room then my bottom teeth starting falling out randomly. Every time I applied force they just fell out then eventually all my bottom teeth were gone and when I didn’t smile my face turned really old. I was trying to ask people for help but couldn’t because they didn’t take me serious because I had to smile in order to look like myself. When I didn’t smile and had the old face old everyone avoided me.

AshleyD
AshleyD
9 years ago

I previously had chipped my front tooth in real life so Ive been having nightmares of chipping it again. But this dream was different. I had a dream last night that I was outside in a field with my boyfriend, there was an old rusy car and we had to go to a big event.I had a twitch or something in my jaw that caused me to bite down to hard and I chipped my front bottom tooth.It felt real. And I continued to bite down and more pieces chipped off and i spit them in my hand. I saw… Read more »

Sandra
Sandra
9 years ago

I have been having dreams about my teeth! basically what happened was that My teeth were falling and then my gums and teeth were all broken in sections. I was at a party or a get together i dont really remember the setting of the dream. But In the dream there was a guy who is not my ex but we have been on and off for over 4 yrs and right now things with us are horrible. before i fell asleep we exchanged a few words and i cried myself to sleep. Help please!

Lizy
9 years ago

Teeth dreams are horrifying and they feel so reall.. I always dream something happening to my teeth. But today’s was extream and I have been thinking about it non stop the whole day. This is just one part of the dream .I had a crush on this guy for 5 years.. He was in my dream andwe met at a funeral. And he wad following me everywhere I go . I on the other hand was trying to avoid eye contact with him because it was weird. But I went and sat along My mothers side and he came and… Read more »

lynn
lynn
9 years ago

In the dream I felt I wasn’t alone but I see anyone then suddenly I was alone at which time I noticed that there was a three quarters of a tooth attached to the bottom of my front right tooth. I didn’t feel any pain or discomfort. I reached in and “snapped” it off. Then I looked into the mirror and felt better, that my smile was nice again. I looked at the tooth i just snapped off and it was brownish on the back side and felt like chalk. I was brittle and started to break apart. I didn’t… Read more »

Gail
Gail
9 years ago

All these dreams seem to be about losing or breaking teeth but my dream is about growing more teeth. I dreamed a whole new row of teeth was sprouting in front of the teeth I already have. It was not a bad or scary dream. In fact, the rest of the dream had to do with being validated as a creative person so all in all, it felt good. But what the heck do the new teeth mean?

Eriyu
Eriyu
9 years ago

I had a dream not long ago in which all of my teeth were completely shattered, with barely any jagged remains left, and blood was completely pouring out of my mouth. No context or anything. XD Preeeeetty terrible.