Teeth Falling Out In Your Dreams? Find The True Meaning

If there was a race for the most unsettling dream symbol in the world teeth dreams will take first place by a landslide.

Did you know that teeth dreams are one of the most searched symbols on google’s search engine. Or the fact that teeth in dreams is one of the oldest translated known symbols dating as far back to ancient Egypt.

Teeth are enigmatic dreams symbols that often point towards some sort of loss in our lives. This is why many people associate losing teeth in their dreams and death. While this could be true it is not always the case. In fact most teeth dreams symbolize our insecurities, inner weaknesses, poor communication, or a loss of control in your life. According to psychologist Carl Jung, Dreaming about your Teeth Falling Out can be a sign a major transition or rebirth taking place in your life.

Find Out The 8 Dream Symbols You Should Never Ignore

So who should we believe? Well it turns out that all these interpretations might all be correct. Though, the specific details that emerge in your dream are exclusively unique to the you and nobody else – locations, people, mood and how the teeth appeared are metaphoric clue leading you to the answer.

Teeth Dream Meaning

As the saying goes when someone is making something very difficult ‘it’s like pulling teeth‘. Dreams have a funny way of sending us messages in metaphors as if you should examine your stubborn ways.

The definition ‘to pull‘ is to exert force on someone or something; as well to cause movement towards oneself. You may want to reflect what areas in your life where you are exerting force that is causing you distress.

If you were struggling to pull out a broken tooth it can alter the meaning. Pulling your own teeth might also bring your attention to speech or lack thereof.  It would mirror trying to force something out of you that you don’t want to admit within yourself.

If you noticed an unknown person pulling on your teeth could link to the shadow archetype – the dark side of your personality. If you were looking in a mirror suggests self reflection as the dream would be directed internally.

• Examine internal struggle
  • Unable to get something out of you (speech)
  • Shadow side of dreamer
  • Unconscious need to admit something negative
  • Taking out something that is valuable to you

Teeth-Dreams

Teeth Dreams: Rotting Teeth?

These dreams can be quite alarming as you notice your beautiful teeth decaying in front of your eyes. Rotting teeth dreams can suggest a variety of different interpretations; possibly reflecting on image, speech or neglected responsibilities.

What has been repressed hides deep in the unconscious as it appears our dreams at night. If something is left rotting long enough it moves towards the core; the dream might be a warning to stop it before it gets worse.

Rotting teeth dreams could symbolize our anxieties and fears that we repressing deep down inside us. How we feel on the inside might be now visible to others on the outside. Feeling unhealthy, maliciously bad talking others, or even our own insecurities can reflect rotting teeth.

If you noticed yourslef looking directly in the mirror might be related to the shadow archetype – the unknown repressed side that wants to be noticed.

• The decay, decline and degeneration of our image
  • Negative speech
  • Neglected aspects of your personality
  • Deterioration of image

Teeth Dream: Broken, Chipped or Crooked

Remember the Hollywood blockbuster movie Dumb & Dumber? We automatically assume anyone with a chipped or broken tooth as ugly, unintelligent or poor. Could the image of the chipped or broken tooth reflect how you feel on the inside, or connect to your image and how people view you?

Something internal needs fixing that remains unconscious to you. Could the tooth relate to insecurities, past traumas, recent experiences of failure, rejection, loneliness, social anxiety, negative beliefs about yourself and perfectionism.

A fear of being exposed of our imperfection we unconsciously dream of having dreams of this nature. You may mask or ignore your flaws to protect your ego, however if neglected for too long the dream will be more vivid.  Dreaming of crooked teeth suggests something that needs to be straightened in your life.

• Broken words or lies
  • Unconscious insecurities
  • Being vulnerable
  • Feeling stupid, weak or viewed as dumb

Teeth Falling Out In Dreams

As bizarre as this dream they tend to be the most experienced with all teeth themes. The dream might unfold as you notice one tooth missing; momentary all eventually come out. The unsettling feeling brings your awareness to speech, support, loss and insecurities.

Could these dreams suggest an inability to hold things together in your life, or fears and anxieties you are battling with?

Connecting things falling apart in your life whether it be your relationships or the loss of people who were once close to you. Investigating how you speak, if you are not true to yourself. Clues in the dream are the people who where around you, location or if you were looking in the mirror – hinting at self reflection.

• Falling out of love or communication with someone
  • Fear of feeling inadequate
  • Loss of something important
  • Stress, fears and anxiety
  • An inability holding things together

db32ac908bfb773185e5ef5de293e8fa.559x524x1

Crumbling Teeth Dreams

Crumbling teeth dreams appear as falling apart into small fragments while you notice them in you hand preferably. These dream bring our attention to areas in our life that have been left neglected for too long, hence this process of deterioration.

Possible fears of something valuable collapsing within; unable to hold it together anymore. A metaphor like a once strong building that has now is crumbed to the ground. Unconscious worries possibly aging or losing things that were once strong are no longer.

Could this apply to your relationship, family or work that is left you with nothing?

• Used to be strong
  • Personal reflection
  • Fears and anxiety of getting older
  • A loss of something that was once valuable

Losing Your Teeth In Dreams

A lost tooth might reflect something that is incomplete inside you. Depending the context of the dream the meaning can alter. If you noticed you lost a tooth in front of a mirror suggest it might be related to image. It could be a metaphor for losing something that was once close to you that is now gone.

• Insecurities
  • Fears and anxieties
  • Embarrassment
  • Fear of a loss of something valuable
  • Trying to cover up something to others
  • Lack of control

False Teeth Dreams

These dreams might be metaphoric in nature hinting at you not telling the truth. Question if you feel fake around others or not being true to yourself. False teeth can imply an internal problem that is being seen by others. Do you have a tendency to be dishonest or you break the rules? Could it suggest a need to be replaced by something new?

Spitting or Hole In Tooth Dreams

Spitting out teeth is a common yet vivid dream that often leaves the person with an unsettling feeling through the day. You can explore the aspects of your life that mirrors weakness, instability, and loss relating communication or internal struggle. What might not be rooted properly?

A hole in your tooth in your dream usually is directed at your self image or something missing in your life. The hole is metaphoric for something that was once strong and firm are now missing and incomplete. The emotions felt in the dream will reflect a particular situation in your life that it is relating to

Breaking Teeth Dreams

If someone is breaking your teeth it could donate to someone trying to ruin your personal image. Unable to recognize the person suggests self destructive behavior and to watch what you say. You might be doing something that is not ethical or being crooked in your waking life.

Teeth Dreams & Death

There have been many cases of strange coalitions between teeth dreams and death. Does this suggest when you lose teeth someone is going to die? The chances are slim however many people report when they lose teeth someone close to them dies.

Not all dream symbols are collectively shared between person to person as teeth can be translated in many different ways similar to the snake. Before you jump to conclusions it can be as simple as image or maybe it is time to see the dentist.

Different Perspectives On Teeth Dreams

Interestingly enough teeth dreams have been recorded as far back as the beginning of dream interpretation. Teeth seem to be a collective symbol we all share… on a conscious and unconscious level. Within the Greek culture they believe that teeth imply illness and death.

The ancient Chinese believed when you dream of teeth in a negative way it represents how we communicate with one another.

For the most part most of the people in the western world today are so revolved around image and looking good.  This is why the mirror appears in the dream for the dreamer to do self reflection of insecurities preying on our soul.

Teeth Dream Theories

These dreams even baffled the ancient Greeks; the well known diviner Artemidorus suggested teeth relates to financial loss. Not long after in the Jewish Talmud,  they felt teeth dreams are bad omens relating to a death of a family member.

In modern times, psychoanalyst Freud felt it contained sexual elements; where as his predecessor Carl Jung suggested it was related to child birth or transition. Could it be the distress you feel going to the dentist mimicking an sensitive area in your life

rlm
rlm
10 years ago

A few years ago I had a brace on my top and bottom jaws. My teeth were fixed nicely. the other night I had a dream where excess skin was cut away from inside my top lip and I could see teeth that had been varnised (I remember orange and blue varnish), so they looked like nails. It seemed as if too much skin had been removed and now my top lip was transparent! I wondered why they could be seen and was confused as they looked like nails (neathly manicured). When I looked in the mirror at the teeth… Read more »

biplab kumar behera
biplab kumar behera
10 years ago

Hey pal i’m a 22 yr male 4m india.my d.o.b is 20th april.4m last 2,3 yrs i had dis nightmare dat i’m desparately tryin 2 pull my upper front teeth wid my lower teeth,even if it hurts i dont nd cant stop bt d teeth nevr breaks.it pains like hell nd i dont knw hw 2 get rid of it.plz tel me d reason nd solution to such a nightmare..

sbl
sbl
10 years ago

I had a dream that half my bottom teeth broke off together but I had extra teeth under them but they were just shorter. I was afraid of seeing my love & kept saying I can’t see him like this but was ok that the shorter teeth were there ( better than nothing @ all). But a tooth in the top was loose.

FRANCES
FRANCES
10 years ago

I HAD A DREAM THAT MY BOTTEM TEETH AND GUMS WAS BLACK ..ROTTED OR SOMETHING,TEETH WAS LOOSE AND I WAS JUS FREAKING OUT ! WOKE UP WITH SO MUCH FEAR IN MY HEART !

nata
nata
10 years ago

i had a dream that my tooth was chiped and that my partners tooth also.

Jaymie
Jaymie
10 years ago

I had a dream last night that one of my teeth was wiggly so i was kind of like messing with it and wiggling it around and it came out and i panicked and tried to show my boyfriend but he just told me to go back to sleep. So i went to the bathroom and looked in the mirror and was horrified that the tooth was gone and i could see the hole and in my dream i went back to sleep, ahd the dream again, woke up again and another tooth was gone and again i went to… Read more »

Travis
Travis
10 years ago

In my dream I’m back in my middle school but I’m my age I am now (20) and so are the rest of the students I’m not sure if the place is relevant. As the dream commences I move my jaw a little to the right so I ketch ahold if my top backmost tooth with my bottom teeth and I pull untell the tooth shatters and I spit out the tooth and it’s green and shiny almost like emeralds then I run into the bathroom to examan my tooth in the mirror and I end up going onto the… Read more »

Stephen
Stephen
10 years ago

Last night I had a dream where I was in bed and one of my teeth just disintegrated and all I did was cry. Then I woke up in exactly the same position I was lying in my dream with my finger in my mouth where that tooth was.

Mary
Mary
10 years ago

In my dream last night I couldnt stop pushing my teeth out with my tongue. I kept breaking them and spitting them out. In the end the only teeth I had left were broken and jaggard. Awful!

James
James
Reply to  Mary
9 years ago

I have been having this same dream for a couple of months now. It is exactly like you said it, you push with your tongue to the point of breaking your teeth and spit the pieces out. Does the pain you feel when you are breaking your teeth feel incredibly real? I wake up in a panic thinking I just did this for real. I hate this dream.

Brooke
Brooke
10 years ago

I just had a dream about the front four teeth coming out at the same time as if they were stuck together. I could hold them like a mouth piece. What does that mean?

shanna
shanna
10 years ago

I had a dream that had many components. But the teeth part was horrendous. I felt that I had a loose tooth but before long it became a section of my teeth (4-5) that was actually a type of implant and progressed to rot the bone in my face up to my eye socket. part of my face was its pretty self but the other part looked like a seen in Pirates of the Caribbean. Then the chunk of my face came out and I was walking around a strange town looking for a dentist because I had to get… Read more »

Sophie
Sophie
10 years ago

I dreamt last night that my tooth just broke in my mouth. i dont remember any of the dream just that particular part of it. I think i know how to sort it out with the help above. so thanks =)

Jaymie
Jaymie
Reply to  Sophie
10 years ago

that is such a wierd dream lol

Nia
Nia
10 years ago

I had a dream last night i was cleaning in a shop and I tripped and broken my tooth but it never fell out i had pullen out 7 of my tooths like 4 of dem was crystal and when i pulled out the rest they turned rotten in my hand

Carolina
Carolina
10 years ago

I had a dream about growing two teeth on the back of my head in between my long hair. when i was brushing my hair i felt them, they were sharp so i pulled them out and my head was bleeding a lot but i took both tooths out and they were long and i pulled them all the way from the root….and i noticed they were super thin. what does this mean?

marzuka
marzuka
10 years ago

i had a weird deeam that a gal looks so weird she was wearing a clip in her tooth and hanging up and lauging,first i tried to pull it but didnt again i pulled it was 2 to 4 tooth with blood

Brittany
Brittany
10 years ago

i had a dream last night where i pulled my second to last tooth in the back left side of my mouth out and it was hollow an alittle bloodie i dont understand it really freaked me out i woke up in a panic…

Hannah
Hannah
10 years ago

I had a dream last night that all my teeth were getting loose one by one and I pulled one of them out…I was on my way to the dentist and then I woke up

brianna
brianna
Reply to  Hannah
9 years ago

I had that same exact dream last night. I just kept pulling them out cause they were loose. some were hollow. In my dream I had a dentist appointment scheduled for the next day at 8:00AM on April 22 (dream time and date lol). I woke up twice thinking it was real, I was horrified.

justin
Reply to  brianna
9 years ago

Briana, that’s not a joke. Dreams where your tooth falls out represents great loss in your life. Whether its a person or thing, and it is out of your reach. These dreams aren’t jokes, they are signs. Everytime I dream this, I have great loss after. U need to be careful on April 21st of this year to prevent tragedy. I’m serious.

MissSmile
MissSmile
Reply to  Hannah
9 years ago

Holy hell I was on this site to figure out what my dream meant and it was a very similar dream. My teeth felt extremely loose and when I wiggled them with my tounge they fell out of my mouth. It was horrifying. I am so obsessed with my teeth hygiene and whitening wise that this was the worst nightmare Ive ever had!

Liza
Liza
10 years ago

I had a dream where I pulled out 5 of my own teeth and the root was rotten on 4 of them!

Wes
Wes
Reply to  Liza
10 years ago

I just had the same dream where someone elses teeth were rotting out. She had 2 layers of teeth and she went to kiss me and some of her teeth feel out in my mouth. guuuhhh it grossed me out so much I woke up.

sierra
sierra
10 years ago

i had a dream where i was staring at my mom and her top two teeth on the right fell out of her open mouth . there wasnt any blood and she seemed unphased by everything that had hapened . she even looked happy and she had a smile on her face and she was sticking her tounge through the new hole. then my mema ( my moms mom) called and was talking about easter eggs and my mom could talk just fine but still. i woke up terrified and all weird

mellisa
Reply to  sierra
10 years ago

I HAD A DREAM WHERE MY Teeth fall out in the front of my mouth an alot of blood come out of 2 of my teeth an my died mom was in it an my grandpop an grandmom an a baby i dnt understand it im scary can some tell me what it means please.email. me

Autumn
Autumn
10 years ago

I just was having a vivid dream that an ex and were talking and I first noticed that when he smiled I could see his pallet and it was black and deformed and rotten, then as he kept talking his teeth were rotting and chipping and turning black….? I can’t find anything about what it means when someone else’s teeth rot in a dream??

megan
megan
Reply to  Autumn
10 years ago

I had the exact same dream!!!! and I also can’t find any information 🙁 Let me know if you do!

Michelle
Michelle
Reply to  megan
9 years ago

I had a simialr dream..expect my x…had some missing n rotted teeth…

george
george
Reply to  Autumn
10 years ago

it means you left your ex depressed,heart broke and empty as a person.

1 2 3 6