Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Disturbing Nightmares for 4 years :/
Krickett
Beginner
Post Re: Disturbing Nightmares for 4 years :/
on: February 23, 2013, 01:55

Dreams while you are still awake or hypopnic (sp) hallucinations and paralysis when waking or falling asleep are two common symptoms found in Narcolepsy patients. Do you have much trouble sleeping through the night? are you incredibly sleepy during the day... and just fatigued? might want to go get some testing done. God forgive me for pushing science on you but its a signifigant medical condition.

Lucy
Beginner
on: April 19, 2013, 07:30

I'm curious, I rarely ever have happy dreams. They always seem to involve death. One dream that i commonly have is where I murder someone....For example I stabbed someone to death in a dream one time ...and not necessarily anyone I know. What does that mean?
Another dream or nightmare I get and recently had is where a very close friend of mine is lying in a hospital bed dying and there's nothing I can do.What does that mean?

admin
Administrator
on: April 20, 2013, 19:30

Some experts say that stabbing could represent a sexual type dream. The reason they say this is an object penetrating the skin, though not every symbol could be the same for everybody. Can you give me more detail about your dream please?
The other dream you said you where helpless dealing with you're dying friend. Could the death be a representation who you might see the relationship with your friend? Could this be aspects about him or her that you can do anything about?

lollipop
Beginner
on: December 7, 2013, 14:39

Well I have also been having nightmare dreams. They are about where I am in my house and I walk in mom"s room and she is staring at nothing, just smiling and another woman is in there too and she says "Yep. She is dead."(She killed her.) I run out and see my dad washing dishes and he is like, possesed. He doesn't sound the same and I wake up crying but at the end of the dream my parents become the same and my dad is the first one and I start to cry in the dream and then my mom comes out of her room but the other lady was gone. gon

mishnadew
Beginner
on: August 30, 2014, 15:31

Sleep paralysis- I had to do quite a bit of research many years back regarding the odd sensation. And yes, it is a real circumstance that effects many, often associated with terror (sleep terrors, sleep paralysis, sleep demons, etc.). The feeling of helplessness is terrifying. Our bodies do become paralyzed in those moments before sleep and for some, we are STILL awake and aware of our surroundings. Unfortunately, many are unaware of this strange phenomenon. My dream was a "sleep demon". I was [plagued night after night by the same "thing"- and I do choose to believe that it was an unsavory presence. A warning. I think that it is an interesting topic, the one of God and science. It really depends how it is looked at and deciphered. God made all things, given us so much, and free will to do with it as we choose. Well, he gave us the ability to have science, doctors and so forth, right? Maybe it's a necessary part of growth, faith, and belief. Part of the journey, if you will. Regardless of religious belief, we only know bits and pieces of the puzzle and learn more as we go. Religion, politics, science, money- Some topics are always going to bring a quick response or an angered one (especially at family gatherings or "around the water cooler"!).
I wish you well; if you haven't already, do some research on the topics that I mentioned above (sleep paralysis and the others) - There you will find the information regarding scientific as well as religious explanation. Both sides make quite a lot of sense and very good points. Trust instinct as well; some dreams DO have meanings that aren't just the days left overs. You'll know when you know

liz1018551-
Beginner
on: November 15, 2014, 08:32

So last night i slept with my leg hanging out on the side of the bed. As I fell asleep, I felt someone pick up my leg and put it back on the bed. I open my eyes and I see a man in a black suit standing by the side of my bed. I couldn't see his face because I was so scared to look up at him but I could feel him starring at me and I saw that he had light complected hands, he was also standing very still and after a short while of him standing there he vanished and that's when I woke up from my dream. Iv always had nightmares and terrifying ones at that, but this dream idk it felt anything other than my previous ones I can't stop thinking bout it's driving me crazy. I need to know what this dream meant, can anyone help???

sammartin2-
Beginner
on: February 19, 2015, 05:40

Ive dont have very many nightmares but ive had one tonight and I cant stop crying .. my children were trapped and I couldnt help them... they were screaming for my help and crying but I could do nothing... I had to watch them while they burned alive in an old building... this has disturbed me a great deal as it was so vivid.. Why do we have nightmares like this and what do they mean? Thank you

sunbaby
Beginner
on: February 24, 2015, 19:27

Delete

sunbaby
Beginner
on: February 24, 2015, 19:31

Good luck I hope you get better! It's hard to talk to people when people close to you are the ones that hurt you! Even in our dark times, everybody has their own, you can find richness! If you allow yourself into the dark you will find hidden treasure buried deep inside, courage you didn't know you had, strength and resolve to move forward and have a wonderful life and happy dreams 😊

sunbaby
Beginner
on: February 24, 2015, 19:34

Quote from ImInChrist on January 11, 2013, 23:28
Hi administrator, I didn't mean to sound disrespectful but I do believe we humans don't have the ability to analyze dreams and nightmares as much as we doubt God's existence through science. We can pretend we know, we can assume we know, but we just don't. As for hallucination, I've never experienced that before then and since then. I saw that demon flying up my sheets like it was reality so I guess as soon as my soul left my body (which mean half asleep) I saw it, so it wasn't a dream really because my body was paralyzed. No scientific explanation or investigation can explain that.

We're you on drugs? Sounds like your mind (brains do amazing things) was playing tricks on you!

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.2 ; Page loaded in: 0.099 seconds.